When the device has been accidentally deleted or if the device was deleted without initiating the wipe (Factory reset) from the SureMDM console, in such cases the SureMDM agent will still be present on the device.
The purpose of this knowledge article is to provide a guide on how to reset & re-enroll the device to the SureMDM console.
- If the device is enrolled in Device Owner mode and factory reset is restricted in the profile, then the device has to be re-enrolled to the console in order to wipe the device.
- In some rare cases, the enrollment has not been done properly and the device needs to be re-enrolled to the SureMDM console.
- Launch the SureMDM Agent app on the device.
- Click on Settings and then navigate to Import/Export SureMDM Agent settings.
- Tap on Reset to reset Nix settings to Default and click Done.
- Click the back button to reach the home page showing the Get Started option.
Option1: Manual Enrollment
- Enter the Account ID and tap on the Register button.
- On the Configure Device Name screen, select from the following options to set the device name.
- Set Device Name Manually
- Use MAC Address
- Use System Generated Name
- Use IMEI Number
- Use Phone Number
- Use Serial Number
- Tap Set Device Name and click Done.
Option2: QR Code Enrollment
- Tap on Scan QR.
- Read the QR code created by following the steps here.
5. On the SureMDM Agent Home screen, the device status changes to Online.
The device will be successfully enrolled to the console.
Need more help? Here’s how to get help from our experts.