Admins can restrict which applications can be upgraded to the latest version on Linux devices.
The purpose of this article is to provide a guide on how to upgrade applications on Linux Machines.
- SureMDM Agent 3.2.8 is required to use the apps from the App Store.
- Login to the SureMDM console.
- Navigate to the Profile section.
- Click on New Profile and select the Operating System as Linux.
- Navigate to the Application Policy section.
- Go to the Upgrade Application and tap on Add.
- If you select Use Apps from the AppStore, then you would get a drop-down with the apps you have listed on the App Store.
- You can also manually set the App Name and then give the Package Name of the application.
8. Enter the Profile name and save it.
9. On the Home screen, select the device.
10. In the Apply Job/Profile To Device prompt, select the profile and click Apply.
Once the Profile is deployed successfully, it will upgrade all the required applications that have been added.
Need more help? Here’s how to get help from our experts.