When devices are spread across different locations, admins need a way to upgrade SureMDM agent on android devices remotely from the SureMDM web console without any manual intervention. This can be achieved by using the silent upgrade process through our SureMDM Agent Upgrade job.
The purpose of this article is to provide a guide on how to upgrade the SureMDM Agent remotely on an android device.
- Silent upgrade of the SureMDM Agent works on Samsung KNOX, Platform Signed/ Enterprise Agent & Device Owner devices. Please click here to know more about the Enterprise Agent.
- The URL should be a direct download link. For the latest SureMDM Agent version, please use this link for our instant download page.
1. Login to SureMDM web console.
2. Go to the Jobs section.
3. On the Jobs screen, click on New Job.
4. Select OS as Android. In the Select Job Type screen, select SureMDM Agent Upgrade job
5. In the Configure Job screen, Enter the Job Name and Enter the SureMDM Agent URL.
6. You can also specify the path on the device in the Device Path field where you want the APK file to be downloaded on device storage. By default, it is set to the root folder(/sdcard/) of internal storage.
7. Click on OK to save the job. In the SureMDM web Console, select a device or a group of devices and click on Apply to apply the job.
This will upgrade the SureMDM Agent on the device without any intervention and the same version will be reflected in SureMDM web console once the job is deployed successfully. We recommend upgrading the SureMDM Agent on 1-2 test devices and then deploy to all production devices batch wise.
Need more help? Here’s how to get help from our experts.