Around the world, enterprises and organizations are mobilizing their workforce by allowing smartphones to boost productivity. There are several factors that influence workforce productivity. These situations or events can affect a business in either a positive or negative way. Phone usage during work hours proves to be one such factor. Unnecessary long calls might hit productivity negatively. Also, if the phone is provided by management, it also adds to the expenses of the organization. As a part of management best practices, the least you can do is have phone call logging functionality that monitors the usage of phones in an enterprise.
SureMDM is a mobile device management solution that comes with an integrated call logging feature, allowing you to monitor and log calls on Android phones. These logs can be viewed directly on the SureMDM admin console to keep a check on the calls made, along with the time and duration of each incoming and outgoing call. This information can also be used to develop appropriate tactics and strategies to implement suitable policies.
The purpose of this knowledge article is to provide a guide on how to view call logs on Android phones remotely using SureMDM.
- For the call log job to work, it is very important that the SureMDM agent be granted all the permissions necessary for it to gather the call and SMS details.
- A call log job can also be applied to individual devices using the dynamic jobs section available in the SureMDM web console.
- A call log job can also be created using the telecom management policy.
- SureMDM offers a similar feature for SMS with an SMS Log Tracking option.
Step 1: To enable and configure call logging on your managed Android devices
1. Log in to your SureMDM Web Console.
2. On SureMDM Home, click on Jobs and select New Job.
3. Select the OS as Android and navigate to the Call Log Tracking job on the select job type page.
4. On the Call Log Tracking prompt, enter the job name and set Call Log Tracking to ON.
5. Enter a value in minutes in the Tracking Periodicity field and click OK.
Note: The minimum value for tracking periodicity is 15 minutes.
6. The job will be created and listed on the job list.
7. Go back to SureMDM Home, select the desired device(s), and click on Apply.
8. On Apply Job To Device prompt, select the job and click on Apply.
Once the job is successfully applied, SureMDM will start tracking calls and maintaining a log of the calls.
Step 2: To view the call logs
1.Select the desired device from the list and select Call Logs from the dynamic jobs section.
2. In the Call Logs prompt, the following tabs are visible:
Note: For the data to be generated under these tabs, the user will need to wait for at least the interval time updated in the job for the data to be generated.
You can also export the details by clicking on the Export option in the Call Logs screen. This will export the details in .csv format.