Around the world, enterprises and organizations are mobilizing their workforce by allowing smartphones to boost productivity. There are several factors that influence workforce productivity. These situations or events can affect a business in either a positive or negative way. Phone usage during work hours proves to be one such factor. Unnecessary long calls might hit productivity negatively. Also, if the phone is provided by management, it also adds to the expenses of the organization. As a part of management best practices, the least you can do is to have a phone call logging functionality which monitors the usage of phone in an enterprise.
SureMDM is a mobile device management solution that comes with an integrated Call Logging feature allowing you to monitor and log the calls on Android phones. These logs can be viewed directly on the SureMDM admin console to keep a check on the calls made along with the time and duration of each incoming and outgoing call. This information can also be used to develop appropriate tactics and strategies to implement suitable policies
Follow the steps below to enable and configure call logging on your managed Android devices:
1. Log in to your SureMDM Web Console
2. On SureMDM Home, click on Jobs and select New Jobs
3. Select the OS as Android and navigate to the Call Log Tracking job on the Select Job Type page.
4. On the Call Log Tracking prompt, enter the Job Name and set the Call Log Tracking to ON
5. Enter a value in minutes in the Tracking Periodicity field and click on OK.
Note: The minimum value for Tracking Periodicity is 15 minutes.
6. The job will be created and will be listed in the jobs list.
7. Go back to SureMDM Home, select the desired device(s) and click on Apply
8. On Apply Job To Device prompt, select the job and click on Apply
Once the job is successfully applied, SureMDM will start tracking calls and maintain a log of the calls.
1. For the Call Logs job to work it is very important that the SureMDM agent is granted all the permissions necessary for it to gather the Call and SMS details.
2. Call Logs job can also be applied to individual devices using the Dynamic jobs section available in the SureMDM web console.
2. Call Logs job can also be created using Telecom Management Policy.
Below are the steps to view the call logs:
1. Select the desired device from the list and select Call Logs from the dynamic jobs section.
2. In the Call Logs prompt, the following tabs are visible.
Note: For the data to be generated under these tabs, the user will need to wait for at least the interval time updated in the job for the data to be generated.
You can also export the details by click on the Export option in the Call Logs screen. This will export the details in .csv format
SureMDM offers a similar feature for SMS with an SMS Log Tracking option. Explore such features in SureMDM by registering for free.