Driver Safety feature in SureLock does exactly the same. Use this feature to set a speed threshold for the driver to either auto-lock the screen of the device from being used or launch a custom lockdown profile; Single App Mode or Multiple Apps Mode.
Steps to enable Driver Safety Mode using SureMDM
To auto-lock the device screen when the driver crosses the set speed threshold, click here.
Admins have to complete following four steps to configure Driver Safety Profile in SureLock for driver:
1. Configure Settings Export Location and exporting the file.
2. Create Driver Safety Profile – Single App Mode or Multiple App Mode.
3. Enable Driver Safety feature.
4. Export settings for Driver Safety Lockdown Profile.
Steps to configure Settings Export Location and export the file
1. Launch SureLock.
2. Access SureLock Admin Settings.
3. On SureLock Admin Settings screen, tap on Import/Export Settings.
4. On Import/Export Settings screen, select Export to File.
5. On Export to File prompt, tap on Browse button to select the location where you want to export the settings file.
6. Once the export location is identified and selected, tap on OK to export the settings.
Steps to create Driver Safety Profile – Single App Mode or Multiple App Mode
Before configuring Driver Safety Mode, Driver Safety Profile has to be configured. Use following links to configure Single App Mode or Multiple App Mode.
To add multiple allowed applications, click here.
To allow a single application and enable Single App Mode, click here.
Steps to enable Driver Safety Mode ,and set Driver Safety Profile
1. On the SureLock Admin Settings screen, tap SureLock Settings.
2. On the SureLock Settings screen, tap Driver Safety.
3. On the Driver Safety Settings screen, enable Enable Driver Safety.
4. Tap Set Driver Safety Threshold to enter a value in Miles/Hour and tap OK.
5. Tap Enable Driver Safety Profile to launch Choose Path prompt.
6. Use browse option in Choose Path prompt to identify and select the surelock.settings file path created using the steps under First step.
7. Tap on Done to complete.
Steps to export Driver Safety Profile and replace the settings file
1. On the SureLock Admin Settings screen, tap Import/Export Settings.
2. On the Import/Export Settings screen, select Export to File option and click on OK.
3. Once done exporting Driver Safety Profile, proceed with configuring lockdown for normal mode. (Normal mode refers to the lockdown profile of the device when running under the set threshold).
4. After configuring normal lockdown mode, exit SureLock Admin Settings.
Now, when the speed of driver with the device exceeds the threshold, SureLock will lock normal lockdown mode and Driver Safety Profile will get auto-activated. Normal Mode will resume only when the driver’s speed comes below the set threshold.
Read more about SureLock for Android here.
To download a free trial of SureLock for Android, click here.