When it comes to SureMDM On-Premise storage, it is essential for the IT admins to configure and set the storage appropriately based on their requirements otherwise few features such as File Store, App Store and Reports will not work by default. FTP must be configured for such features and the same can be done with ease using our SureMDM Configurator if your SureMDM On-Premise server is running on Styx version 6.59 or above.
It is mandatory to create the FTP Site in the IIS Server and authorized it with the necessary rules before configuring the storage. To create and authorize the FTP Site in IIS Server, follow the steps mentioned here.
Follow the steps mentioned below to configure FTP storage through SureMDM Configurator:
1. On the SureMDM Configuration window, select File Transfer Protocol (FTP) from Storage Service drop-down list.
2. Enter the following details and once done, click on Deploy.
Create FTP Site folders for SureMDM File Store and App Store:
To create FTP Site folders for File Store and App Store, follow these steps:
1. Create a folder named based on your SureMDM Account ID within the FTP Site folder.
For example: If SureMDM Account ID is 1, then the folder name will be 1.
2. Create a folder named File Store within the Account folder created above.
3. Create a folder named Users within the File Store folder.
4. Once done, create a folder named Shared within the File Store folder.
5. Repeat the same steps for App Store folder and then restart the IIS server.
You can also verify the storage once the above steps are completed by executing SQL command as mentioned in this blog.
To know more about SureMDM On-Premise and its features, click here.
If you need further assistance with our products, please submit a ticket here.